Tuesday, December 5, 2017

New sofa covers.

One of my latest creations is a new lining for a sofa. It took me almost two weeks to finish it. The sofa is very big, but according to me the final effect is wonderful. All the covers are removable with zips and velcro, so my task was to measure everything precisely and sew the cushions exactly the same size. The most difficult part of the project was the cutting of the fabric, as there was a tremendous quantity of it. I needed half of the living room floor to cut the pieces. For all the sofa I used almost 12 meters of double width fabric. It was the first time I've used that amount of material for a single project.

Here are two additional photos of the old sofa, with the covers with quite old-fashioned pattern. As I forgot to take the photos before I have started, in the second image you can see some of the cushions already "dressed off".